Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's For Din-din?



This is by far, theeee most stressful part of my day.  Is that silly or what?  I can feel the anxiety rising up in me as I scrounge around to make something everyone will eat and enjoy, meanwhile trying to entertain and/or listen to my kids and the 300 questions they're asking me.  Frazzled much?

I even re purposed a cute little chalkboard (that I may or may not have "borrowed" from school) and my plan was to use it as our weekly menu board.  As you'll notice, it says pizza roll-up for Friday...I think that was on there from December sometime.

We spent most of the weekend at home, for a change, so I did try out a couple of new Pinterest recipes.  Friday night we had Sour Cream Noodle Bake.  And Saturday a.m. I baked a pumpkin loaf.  They were both tasty!  Sadly, I managed to scarf down most of the pumpkin loaf on my own.  Good thing it was supposed to be low-cal!



Saturday morn, my children were up at the crack of dawn, (which was waaay out of the ordinary for them) so we spent a little while snuggled in bed.  Any other "school day" I have to peel them out of bed and beg, plead, and bribe them to get ready, but not on Saturday!  Trying to catch a smidgen more shut-eye, while they watched t.v., was virtually useless.  So at 7:45 we headed down to the kitchen.





And as promised, it was even better the second day.

I don't know why I can't get myself more organized for dinner time.
Apparently I must like that feeling that my chest is going to explode from pressure.
Goal for this week.
Plan meals.
Eliminate nightly stress.
What do you make for dinner?

xo

P.S.  Gotta full menu ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment