Sunday, January 15, 2012

Paper Chain

I have a long weekend!!!  Soooo, that inevitably means a long weekend of projects.  I purchased a couple of new sewing books so I could figure things out.  I started with the Idiots Guide, and found myself rereading the first chapter at least 4 times.  It was just the basics.  Eeeek.

In my wonderful new sewing book there are some cute and fun little projects to get me going on my new adventure.  My first sewing project, (not really sewing at all...  But, still fun and crafty.)  A cute little bunting with adorable paper.  My favorite is a darling piece with the owls and baby deer.



















I finally finished and hung my fabric looms...check out this pretty fabric.  I am slightly obsessed with purchasing fabric recently.  This afternoon I am going to attempt to cover a pillow, possibly pillows.  For the living room I got a pretty deep blue velvet and some other floral fabrics.  So lovely.





















I'm also attempting some DIY artwork...but my stickers aren't sticking.  Bummed.  My grandma painted a lot and I (so lucky) got several of her paintings!  So, I picked one of them to put one of my most favorite sayings on.  Must get to craft store and get some stickier stickers asap!

The other night I stenciled a baby blue heart on a canvas tote.  I.  Love.  It.  I'm using it to tote school stuff to all my meetings.  I'm going to make a larger one too.  I call it my Blue Valentine bag.

 And last...I have promised my children I would construct an a-frame tent for them!  They are sooooo excited and I think I can do it.  Luckily my dad had some scrap wood and a dowel, so yay!  I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment