Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ear Mups. Slathes. Chickmunks.

Little words like these melt my heart.  Am I a terrible mother because I don't correct these...cause I think they sound sooooo darn sweet and innocent when they say these things?!  Yesterday we went thrifting...the whole fam, and before we went in Add asked me if I had my ear mups!!!  : )  Love it.  I bought these ridiculously HUGE furry ear muffs from Francesca's (without trying them on before purchasing) and they look just that.  Ridiculous.  On me anyway.  They look pretty darling on everyone else...but me.

Then my little miss proceeded to discuss the "slathes" on our way out of the store.  Or as the rest of us may refer to them, slaves.  : )  I have absolutely no idea how she got onto this topic...I vaguely remember discussing Abe Lincoln.  I believe her daddy gave her and Lamb a penny, and ol' Abe sparked the conversation of "slathes".  As it was the holiday for MLK on Monday, she had lots to share with Grahm that she learned, about the 60's.  She amazes me every day.  Oh the things she is learning!

Saturday night we spent the evening at the good ol' Dreamland movie theater.  Hadn't been there since I was about 11.  And now we've started making the trek into Carson on a frequent basis to see a show.  20 bucks.  The four of us to get in, three popcorn, three beverages, and four candies.  CAN'T BEAT THAT!  We saw Alvin and the Chickmunks.  Again.  Apparently I was dozing periodically throughout the first showing cause there were a few scenes I didn't recall!

Our Sunday has been pretty perfect.  I spent the better part of the morn trying to repair the stupid bobbin in my sewing machine.  Again.  Grrrrrrrr. And I sewed Addie the cutest little owl pillow, but my machine broke before I could get Grahm's horseshoe pillow done.  He was more than a little devastated.  The kids have played all day, we snuggled in bed watching movies, and I enjoyed a late afternoon of reading blogs and drinking coffee!



We've had a reallllly good weekend.  Just being lazy and hanging out.  We need more of these.


What did you do all weekend?  Suz?  Les?  ; )

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment