Sunday, January 15, 2012

muffin morning

Today is Sunday!  But it's really like our Saturday because we have Monday off for the holiday!  Wooooohoooo.  I'd like to extend my personal thanks to Martin Luther King Jr.  For several reasons, of course.

My hubby had to work today, and when I was awakened by a pretty little owl eyed girl this morning at 7:30 (Grahm Robert was already snuggled away in bed with mama), she declared she wanted muffins this morning!  Who doesn't love breakfast cupcakes?  So I "rested" my eyes for a few more minutes and then shimmied downstairs in search of my favorite box mix of oat bran muffins.  No dice.  I did stumble across a package of Betty's chocolate chip muffins...from 2009.  So now I was up a creek.

I quickly got on the iPad and searched the net for an oatmeal muffin recipe.


ingredients
 
soaking the oats
                      
                           going in
finished product




And then when my sweeties and I were enjoying our oatmeal muffins (and their S'mores pop tart) I happened to run across this great little muffin cookbook I had stashed away.  This is what I'm planning on for our next muffin morning!
Oh, and this week, Addie was studying M at school, so I got an invitation from her to eat breakfast.  Muffins for Moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment