Monday, January 2, 2012

Sew What...

That is a great question!  What am I going to sew?  Well it's 2012, and typically my NY's resolutions never seem to stick...but since my goal in my 30s is to become a DIYer, my res this year is to learn to sew.

First step:  Gotta get a sewing machine.

I have dabbled in this craft before (with the use of my mom's sewing machine) and have made many a pillow; but that is absolutely as far as I've ever gotten.  I don't have any idea of what it is I'd like to learn to sew, but I think it'll be fun.  Now, remember...this girl can't really even fix a missing button with thread and needle, so cross your fingers.
246290673341505425.jpg

My first projects are going to be
     1.  headbands for Addie (thank you Pinterest)
     2.  slip covers for my 1960s computer chairs
     3.  mend up the curtains I just went ahead and chopped off with scissors the other day.

Sew, now that I have a sewing machine on my wish list, I've got to convince somebody to get me one.  Or just steal my mom's again.  Think she'll notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment