Friday, April 6, 2012

Blog. Blog. Blog.

Oh my goodness.  It has been almost a month.  I do not know how to be a mom, a full-time teacher, a housekeeper, and a blogger.  I don't have enough time in the day.  : (  I must say...I have been on Spring Break this week, and each day I've been thinking I could maybe just stay home everyday.  Drink coffee.  Bake/make a breakfast pastry, (Blueberry Coffee Cake...  Delish.)  I'd be watching Rachel Ray, The Young and the Restless, The Chew (a new fave), and follow up with Ellen.  And then I could blog in between my day-time television watching and DIY projects.  No?  Well, on the plus side.  I do believe I only have 30 days of school left.  Hallelujah!

This is going to be some randomness up in here.  I suppose, I'll begin with this week.  As I mentioned it's Spring Break.  So, my goals and to-do lists consisted mostly of house work and DIY home projects.  I have been busy. The biggest, and most time-consuming project I've attempted is painting the "hallway", landing, and stair case that leads upstairs to our bedroom.  It looks one thousand times better than it did.  And I'm not even done with it yet...because I cannot complete a project without getting sidetracked 22 times in a time period.  My goal is to get 'er done tomorrow.  I had pinned a staircase on Pinterest with stenciling and patterns on the backs of the stairs and I am attempting that too.  I've brainstormed some designs...chevron, arrows, and polka dots to name a few.  Here are some "in-progress" photos.




I've also been working on some silhouette projects out of this book by Vana Chupp  This gem was a find at a great store on The Plaza in K.C.  It's from The Paper Source.  I matted the silhouettes on pretty paper and framed them.  Pleasantly pleased.








Since I am obsessed with paper products, I recently purchased some cute washi tape from Parcel and Paper and from Archivers.  I mad a chevron covered notebook to stick in my purse so I could jot down lists on the run.  I'm thinking these will improve with time...still working some kinks out.  I also purchased the most darling paper straws from this Etsy shop too.  Addie noticed them right away!






Hmmmm.  What else.  Ooooh.   Another big project will be going down on Sunday/Monday.  I am going to attempt another Pinterest project like this.  We got a beautiful new copper fire pit, since we spend most summer weekends sitting by the crackling fire, sipping on ice cold adult bevies, and hanging out with my sister-in-law (who just got engaged a few months ago and I am soooooo super excited to help with decor for this event!!!)  Be prepared for a post or two on this topic! 


wedding dress shopping

I'm back.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment