Friday, April 6, 2012

Outdoor Nights

I love plants and flowers.  I am sooooo itching to buy some pretty annuals to pot in the bazillion pots around our farm...but as my mother warned me even just today, it could still freeze.
Rule of thumb.  Don't plant anything (except for pansies) before Mother's Day.

I did, however, get a few herbs planted.  So far I've got sweet basil and lavender potted and I have some seeds for mint I need to get growing.  (Never done herbs from seeds before, so we'll see how it goes.)  I found some darling pots at Crate & Barrel on my last trip down south to Kansas City, and was second away from purchasing them when my mom reminded me that I could make them.  So I did.  I spray painted a couple terra-cotta pots white and then, as I do paint most everything with chalk board paint, I painted a little square on the front so I could chalk in what was grown.  Waalaa.  Eat that C&B.  




I also have chives growing and am going to put in a tomato plant.  I realllllly want a big ol' garden with lettuce and onions and strawberries and cucumbers and peppers...but I am afraid I won't tend to it and it'll turn in to a ginormous week patch.  I keep saying maybe next year.  So, maybe next year.

We spend a lot of time outside in the spring and summer.  And we finally got a new fire pit for our patio area!!!  Yay!  We took her for a test drive the night before last...and it was perfect.  It's made from recycled copper and it's about twice the size of the old pit.  (We burnt through the bottom of that thing.)



Two in two days.  Boooyeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment