Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rooms for Little People: Part I

I have the Spring blues...or I am yearning for summer vacay.  I don't know what it is, but I need CHANGE!  About that time, I feel the need to rearrange my house.  Every room in the house.  Switch furniture pieces among rooms.  Total upheaval.

This past weekend I started in on Addie's room.  She recently acquired a new iron daybed, and it is massive.  We live in a million year old bungalow folks.  These rooms are not large.  We have two closets in the whole house.  Wait.  Three.  Soooo, needless to say, this bed takes up the majority of the room.


















Her room was cute, but I wanted to make it more girly, with a little bit more of a vintagy feel.  I took a tall bookshelf out of the bathroom, that we were using to nest all of our morning supplies, and stuck it in her room to keep her books on.








Pretty!  This book is our current favorite!  I'd like to get to the thrift store, antique store, anywhere, and locate some vintage children's books to display in her room.





Next, I wanted to get her a little desk so she could have a little work station/art area to work at.  But, like I said.  Tight squeeze.  So her toy box, that Uncle Devin made for her a few years ago, is now a little spot to draw and write.  I painted this antique serving tray with chalkboard paint and put some of the kids pencils and chalk in mason jars.  The girl has an entire Rubbermaid container full of markers/pens/crayons.  Like mother, like daughter.



Her dresser has been painted chalkboard for a while...(I paint everything chalkboard).  I just touched up her pretty name with some new chalk and whaaalaaaa.  Instant art.  Tonight we added a little reading nook on the side of her bed.  (She was actually trying to crawl back in there during a little temper tantrum, and I had a revelation...cozy reading nook.  We put a rug down, added a handful of her 5000 stuffed animals, and some throw pillows (that I stole from the couch (weren't using them because they're too matchy matchy)).  I'll be looking for some lovely fabric to recover those baby's asap.  Addie's request was first sparkly, then decided on feathers.  Wish me luck.


Up next, Grahm Robert's room.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment