Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY Time Baby

Schools out for summmmmmmmer.  Thank goodness!!!  However, I drew up my to-do-list over  a week ago and have managed to not complete one item and/or check a thing off of it yet!  I keep finding other little DIY projects and/or house work that needs to be done.  One of the things on my list was to blog.  Now that I don't have a j.o.b. for the next couple of months, I figured I'd be able to blog weekly.  Couple of times a week even.  That hasn't happened.  I will be better!

Friday...I think, (my days all run together now that I get to be a stay-at-home mom).  My mom and I headed down south to Kansas City with my two small children.  Total spur of the moment decision, and luckily my mom shares my love of junk + shopping.  If I had to move, I would move to K.C.  I love it down there.  Plus, my BF lives down there in Prairie Village and my brother resides there too.  So, I'd still have some fam close by.  So, once a month, there is what's called First Friday(s) and let me tell you; soooooo much to check out!!!  We made a haul and brought home, literally a truckload of darling vintage finds!  My absolute favorite score was a retro desk with HAIRPIN legs!  Yeeeeeeeeahhhhh.  Since my small children were with us, and they were very, very good, (I may or may not have bribed them with a trip to the toy store Zoom (which is on the Plaza)), we didn't get to scope out all the places with items for sale.  There were SO MANY merchants!  We went to Good Ju Ju and Restoration Emporium.  LOVE!  Can't wait to get back down there.  Coming up at the end of this month, in West Omaha there is a big event happening...Junque Stock.  Similar scene to First Friday.  I'm saving up and going to hitch up my trailer for this one!









Also, this past winter, my sister (who hates antique stores and thrift shops...where did she come from???) headed to Des Moines for a baby shower and our friend took us to the most lovely junk shop in Story City, Iowa.  I have now friended them on Facebook and am stalking their page like a madwoman.  They have wonderful pieces and they are soooo reasonably priced.  I have talked my mom into taking a trip up there Saturday to scope out some beautiful furniture.  We will definitely be taking a trailer up for this trip.

So, my major summer to-do-list/DIY items are:
1.  finish painting bedroom floor (pictures posted later)
2.  finish some bunting projects previously started (I love buntings!)
3.  finish pallet patio table
4.  paint outside of house (HELP DAD!)
5.  lay a new kitchen floor (again, HELP!!!)
6.  finish Grahm's "stolen" bookshelf (I swiped it from school, spray painted half of it white, then ran out of paint, and mod podged an Iowa map on two of the backs of the shelves)
7.  stamp burlap table runner

Busy, busy, busy.
What projects are you planning on working on these summer time days?

XO-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment