Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Currently

I have been able to catch up on some of my favorite blogs these past few late summer nights!  As soon as I hit summer vacay mode, I am even more of a night owl.  I'm usually up till 1:00 or 2:00, then luckily, my children sleep in a little now days, so we're not up till 9ish.  Phew!  The other day I was over on Sometimes Sweet and was checking out a post that this lovely lady had written.  It's called 'Currently'.  I've seen lots of 'Weekly Round-ups' posted too...  So, since I'm new at this, and clearly not great at keeping up with posts, I'm going to attempt this.  I've decided that my situation is that I think I have to write an inspirational, five paragraph post every single time I blog.  Not the case.  Here I go....

Currently
I'm Reading.
Now that I've finished up the 50 Shades trilogy...I was at a loss as to what to read next.  Don't judge, but summer time reading for me is all about trashiness, romance, passion, heat, throw in a couple of mysteries,  some comedy.  I'm good to go.  I love staying up late and reading into the night and the past few summers I have gotten into the Sookie Stackhouse novels.  Love 'em, however I can't seem to get into True Blood though.  Hmmm.  Well, before I jump back into those babies, I'm in the middle of Mindy Kaling's book.  As a proclaimed t.v. junkie, I watch a ton of t.v. and I  LOVE THE OFFICE.  And so far, the book is great!

I'm Watching.
O.M.G.  I just watched the season finale of SMASH last night.  I had five episodes DVRed and watched them all last night and the night before.  My.  Favorite.  Show.  The problem is, only about two of my friends watch it too, so I have no one to gossip with about the fact that Julia is definitely prego and I'm 99% sure it's Michael's baby.  (Is that horrible of me if I hope it is, and want her and Michael to be together even though they had an affair and Frank, her husband, is a pretty good guy?)  Soooo good.  My other favorite summer tube time is hands down Jimmy Fallon.  Thank You Notes.  Yes please!  And, this is embarrassing.  But I got hooked on the MTV teenie bopper show 'Awkward' last summer.  Sorry.  I know.  Ridiculous for a grown, almost 31 year old woman, to be hooked on the musings of a high school girl struggling with the woes of her relationship/friendship with her mother and the boy she wants to be with.

I'm Wanting.
Another tattoo.  Or three!  After my bird tattoo this winter, I have been pinning ideas like crazy for the next go around.  I am in talks with my mother (who claims she's going to get one on her foot...her first) to go check it out this week.  I am going back and forth between a pretty feather on my wrist or my shoulder area.  My bird tattoo was massive (for me) so I feel like I need to wait just a little bit before I get another big one done.  I want two large peonies in corals and pinks on my back/shoulder area.  Check out my board on Pinterest.  Iwannanotherone.  So, in the meantime, I am thinking I'll get a feather on my wrist area and possibly a couple of black arrows on my other wrist under my current 'believe' tattoo.  


I'm Junking.
Like a mad woman.  I can't wait till the beginning of July...not that I'm willing summer away, but that's the next First Friday in K.C.  I will be down there, on a mission.  I posted earlier about a trip up to Story City this weekend.  I'm not really in search of anything in particular, but I would like another globe to add to my collection.  Also, some wire baskets, letters or numbers for that collection, possibly a long rectangular farmhouse table, and any other thing that catches my fancy.  Seriously.  You need to check out Central Station on FB.  Amazing stuff.

I'm Eating.
Lots of summer time recipes from Pinterest.  This is what I have planned to make sometime this week.  Yummmmm.  These are just a few.  Sadly, I realized yesterday my Pinterest board for food is the most heavily pinned board.  There are lots of yummy recipes though.  Just remembered the Nutella Pretzel Brownies...gonna have to try those out too!



I'm Anticipating.
Our annual--well, we skipped last summer, but our goal is to make it annual--trip to Excelsior Springs, Missouri to the Elms Spa with my very best girlfriends!  I literally cannot wait till the end of July for this trip and a long, couple of relaxing days with my girls.  We get pampered, drink lots of wine (or beer.  or both.), relax in the pool, check out the quaint little town, and get a few gossip sessions in over a game of cards or two.  I love them.  And I miss them sooooooo much.  These trips with them are very dear to me.




P.S.  Supposedly, the hotel is said to be haunted.  On our last trip there we met a cuuuuuraaaazy lady in the pool and got our ears full of her story on the hauntings.  Can't wait to go back!  The hotel is being renovated so it's going to be all updated and new!



What are you doing currently?

XO--M

No comments:

Post a Comment