Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

A little kitchen project this weekend!  I worked my arse off Friday and Saturday...and a little bit on Sunday painting, painting, and painting.  I hate painting.  A.  I suck at it.  B.  It sucks.  If I were a house painter for a living, I'd drink myself to death.  BUT...I think it turned out pretty great for this ol' house and I am super excited about the new look.

My kitchen was a burnt orangish color.  And, I liked it.  But with all my newly acquired (and very colorful) vintage pieces I felt like the orange was taking away from the decor.  I went with a creamy white and man did it brighten that room UP!



Thanks to Pinterest, I painted our whole backsplash area chalkboard, and it looks sharp.  If I don't say so myself.  I love chalkboard paint.  I paint pretty much anything I can get my hands on with that stuff!





I'd already painted our pantry door and the wall where our "emergency" phone hangs chalkboard for my loves to do artwork on.


And some finishing touches.

Scrabble lamp.  (they're magnets)

We are OPEN!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment