Sunday, November 11, 2012

You May Have Noticed

That I am the suckiest blogger on the face of the planet.  And that I've changed my blog name.  Again.  I am back.  For some reason, even though I get to be home during the summer months, I find that I am more of a frequent blogger during the fall and winter months.  I suppose it's because it's cold outside, and it's nice to be cozy and computing on the ol' MacBook.

Not much is new.  I'm back to school and it's the same stressfulness that it was last spring.  We have a newly remodeled and beautiful school now!  And we're all being reunited (and it feels soooo good) tomorrow!  I have missed my partners in crime...we're referred to as BLM.  I teach in an extremely high poverty school and these kids are going to be amazed with this beautiful new school.  The library is... To.  Die.  For.  I want to spend all my time there!

I'm going to be a new auntie in December and am not-so-patiently awaiting the arrival of the second little girl in our family.  We refer to her as Ruthie.  Ruthie Buthe.  Buthe rhymes with Ruthie.  Poor chick....she's doomed because we ALL call her that.  Even her brothers, who are 2 and 4!  I have a baby pair of Minnetonka's in my shopping cart that are just waiting to make their way to Ruthie.  I'm hoping that having Ruthie present will subdue my EXTREME baby fever.

The only other bit of exiting news, is that we are kind of house hunting.  I love our old farm house.  It's got lots of character and it's where my Grandpa lived as a boy.  My mom tells stories of her and her cousin, here playing hotel out in the 100 year old pine trees that line the north side of our house.  We're content in our little farm bungalow, but with my ever-growing collection of "antiques" the space is getting tight.  But there are two houses in the quaint little town of Malvern, Iowa that I have my heart set on.   They're both fixer-uppers...right up my alley!
Even comes complete with Christmas lights!




Not getting my hopes up.  Not getting my hopes up.  Not getting my hopes up.  (I've already designated where the Christmas trees would go in one of them.)  It probably won't happen...but I can dream of owning a HUGE old house in town.  They're both exactly the type of house I love.  Old.  Big.  Charming.  I keep day dreaming of us there; of Sean out raking leaves and the kids playing outside running in our yard, while I'm inside making soup on a cool fall afternoon.  We'll see.


This is the first one...  Look at those trees!

I can't get the next beauty to git on my compUTER!!!  Grrrr.  This one is actually coming up for sale...or so we've been told.  This looks like the best possibility for now.  My fingers are crossed.

XX




1 comment: