Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This Old House

We toured the house tonight...  The one I cannot get the picture to download.  It has major potential and it was chalked full of OLD JUNK!  We were lucky and had first dibs on the stuff inside.  I walked away with a beautiful old armoire/hutch (THAT I LOVE), a very stunning buffet (that I've already imagined painting and distressing either yellow, turquoise, or red), and a cute little dresser (undecided on the future of this piece)!

Some of the highlights are definitely the cute little back yard.  I'm already imagining a couple of patio areas near the fire pit and the back stoop area.  I can imagine pretty little wild flowers and big green hostas growing along the side of the house.  I've imagined our swing set in the backyard and traipsing through the fallen leaves as we come in through the gate when we get home from school each afternoon.  Here are some pretty garden areas.


My next favorite part is the fireplace.  A REAL WORKING FIREPLACE.  I've already decided we would paint the brick white and could decorate the mantle with twinkling Christmas lights and stockings.  I can hear the crackling fire on a chilly winter night.  Eeeek.  Check out these painted fireplaces.



And one last one.  If I needed a splash of color.

As we head upstairs, there are three bedrooms and the bath and one of the three bedrooms has french doors that lead out to a summer sleeping porch!  Yes, you heard me.  A sleeping porch!  Instantly, I thought this could be Addie's room.  But, then I thought she might be a little nervous about the doors at night.  So then I got to thinking, what if they shared a room and we made this darling little spot a toy room?  Then, in the spring and summer they could use the porch area as a space to play and paint.

Alright, are you ready for this?  On the second floor there's a stairway that heads to the attic.  I'm hearing Kevin McAllister whining about having to sleep in the creepy attic with his pop guzzling, bed-wetting cousin.  This space could be a killer craft area!  It's huge...and it has built in cabinets/drawers that could house billions of supplies.  Seriously.

Now don't get me wrong.  There are definitely some updates that need to be made.  The kitchen is the first thing that needs some sprucing up.  It's peach and corally/brown, but nothing that a little paint and/or wallpaper, as well as a new floor couldn't fix.  Here are a few rustic, country kitchens I adore.





The whole joint is wood floors, except for the big ass master bedroom.  So that carpet would need to go  ASAP.  Again, pretty easy fix.

Still crossing my fingers.


No comments:

Post a Comment